PEER-REVIEWED ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS
16. “Undermining Sanctuary? When Local and National Partisan Cues Diverge ." Urban Affairs Review. w/ Collingwood, L. & Martinez, G. (Accepted)
15. “The Role of Identity Prioritization: Why Some Latinx Support Restrictionist Immigration Policies and Candidates." Public Opinion Quarterly. w/ Hickel, F., Alamillo, R. & Collingwood, L.(FirstView) [PDF]
14. “Estimating Candidate Support in Voting Rights Act Cases: Comparing Iterative EI & EI-RxC Methods.” Sociological Methods and Research. w/ Barreto M., Collingwood, L. & Garcia-Rios, S. (FirstView) [PDF]
13. “Opinion Shift and Stability: The Information Environment and Long-Lasting Opposition to Trump's Muslim Ban." 2021. Political Behavior, 43: 301-337. w/ Lajevardi, N. & Collingwood, L. [PDF]
12. “Beyond Generalized Ethnocentrism: Islam-Specific Beliefs and Prejudice toward Muslim Americans.” Politics, Groups, and Identities. w/ Dana, K. & Barreto, M. (FirstView) [PDF]
10. “The Paradox Between Integration and Perceived Discrimination Among American Muslims.” Political Psychology, 41 (3): 587-606. w/ Lajevardi, N., Walker, H. & Westfall, A. [PDF]
*Winner of the 2019 American Political Science Association Race, Ethnicity, and Politics Section Best Paper Award.
9. “Veiled Politics: Experiences with Discrimination among Muslim Americans.” 2019. Politics and Religion, 12 (2): 629-677. w/ Dana, K., Lajevardi, N. & Walker, H. [PDF]
8. “Partisan Attitudes toward Sanctuary Cities: The Asymmetrical Effects of Political Knowledge.” 2018. Politics and Policy, 46 (6): 951-984. w/ Dreier, S. & Collingwood, L. [PDF]
7. “A Change of Heart? Why Individual-Level Public Opinion Shifted against Trump’s 'Muslim Ban.'” 2018. Political Behavior, 40: 1035-1072. w/ Collingwood, L. & Lajevardi, N. [PDF]
6. “Old-Fashioned Racism, Modern Islamophobia, and the Political Isolation of Muslim Americans in the Age of Trump.” 2018. Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Politics, 3(1): 112-152. w/Lajevardi, N. [PDF]
5. “The Politics of Choice Reconsidered: Partisanship, Ideology, and Minority Politics in Washington’s Charter School Initiative.” 2018. State Politics and Policy Quarterly, 18(1): 61-92. w/ Collingwood, L. & Jochim A.. [PDF]
4. “Muslims in Great Britain: The Impact of Mosque Attendance on Political Behaviour and Civic Engagement.” 2018. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 44(9): 1479-1505. w/ Dana, K. [PDF]
3. “eiCompare: Comparing Ecological Inference Estimates across EI and EI: RxC.” 2016. R Journal, 8(2): 92-101. w/ Collingwood, L., Barreto, M. & Garcia-Rios, S. [PDF]
2. “How Discrimination Impacts Sociopolitical Behavior: A Multidimensional Perspective.” 2016. Political Psychology, 37(5): 613-640. [PDF]
1. “Mosques as American Institutions: Mosque Attendance, Religiosity and Integration into the Political System among American Muslims.” 2011. Religions, 2(4): 504-524. w/ Dana, K. &Barreto, M. [PDF]
"Biden reverses Trump's 'Muslim Ban.' Americans support the decision." The Washington Post (Monkey Cage) (27 January, 2021). w/ Lajevardi, N. and Collingwood, L.
Targeted: Veiled Women Experience Significantly More Discrimination in the U.S. Religion in Public (21 January, 2020). w/ Dana, K., Lajevardi, N., and Walker, H.
Here’s what the Democrats need to do to get the DREAM Act through Congress. LSE American Politics and Policy Blog (29 January, 2018). Also covered by Newsweek U.S. Edition. w/ Walker, H. and Garcia-Rios, S.
Why Individual-Level Public Opinion Rapidly Shifted Against Trump's "Muslim Ban" Executive Order. Religion in Public (17 January, 2018). w/ Collingwood, L. and Lajevardi, N.
Allies in name only? Latino-only leadership on DACA may trigger implicit racial biases among White Liberals. LSE American Politics and Policy Blog (28 September, 2017). w/Garcia-Rios, S. and Walker, H.
Protests against Trump’s immigration executive order may have helped shift public opinion against it. LSE American Politics and Policy Blog (12 Feb, 2017). w/ Collingwood, L. and Lajevardi, N.