PEER-REVIEWED ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS
15. Hickel, F., Alamillo, R. Oskooii, K., Collingwood, L. “The Role of Identity Prioritization: Why Some Latinx Support Restrictionist Immigration Policies and Candidates." Public Opinion Quarterly. (Accepted/Forthcoming)
14. Barreto M., Collingwood, L., Garcia-Rios, S., and Oskooii, K. “Estimating Candidate Support in Voting Rights Act Cases: Comparing Iterative EI & EI-RxC Methods.” Sociological Methods and Research. (FirstView) [PDF]
13. Oskooii, K., Lajevardi, N. and Collingwood, L. “Opinion Shift and Stability: The Information Environment and Long-Lasting Opposition to Trump's Muslim Ban." Political Behavior. (FirstView) [PDF]
12. Oskooii, K., Dana, K. and Barreto, M. “Beyond Generalized Ethnocentrism: Islam-Specific Beliefs and Prejudice toward Muslim Americans.” Politics, Groups, and Identities. (FirstView) [PDF]
10. Lajevardi, N., Oskooii, K., Walker, H. and Westfall, A. 2020. “The Paradox Between Integration and Perceived Discrimination Among American Muslims.” Political Psychology, 41 (3): 587-606.[PDF]
*Winner of the 2019 American Political Science Association Race, Ethnicity, and Politics Section Best Paper Award.
9. Dana, K., Lajevardi, N., Oskooii, K. and Walker, H. 2019. “Veiled Politics: Experiences with Discrimination among Muslim Americans.” Politics and Religion, 12 (2): 629-677. [PDF]
8. Oskooii, K., Dreier, S., and Collingwood, L. 2018. “Partisan Attitudes toward Sanctuary Cities: The Asymmetrical Effects of Political Knowledge.” Politics and Policy, 46 (6): 951-984. [PDF]
7. Collingwood, L., Lajevardi, N. and Oskooii, K. 2018. “A Change of Heart? Why Individual-Level Public Opinion Shifted against Trump’s 'Muslim Ban.'” Political Behavior, 40: 1035-1072. [PDF]
6. Lajevardi, N. and Oskooii, K., 2018. “Old-Fashioned Racism, Modern Islamophobia, and the Political Isolation of Muslim Americans in the Age of Trump.” Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Politics, 3(1): 112-152. [PDF]
5. Collingwood, L., Jochim A. and Oskooii, K., 2018. “The Politics of Choice Reconsidered: Partisanship, Ideology, and Minority Politics in Washington’s Charter School Initiative.” State Politics and Policy Quarterly, 18(1): 61-92. [PDF]
4. Oskooii, K. and Dana, K., 2018. “Muslims in Great Britain: The Impact of Mosque Attendance on Political Behaviour and Civic Engagement.” Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 44(9): 1479-1505. [PDF]
3. Collingwood, L., Oskooii, K., Barreto, M. and Garcia-Rios, S., 2016. “eiCompare: Comparing Ecological Inference Estimates across EI and EI: RxC.” R Journal, 8(2): 92-101. [PDF]
2. Oskooii, K., 2016. “How Discrimination Impacts Sociopolitical Behavior: A Multidimensional Perspective.” Political Psychology, 37(5): 613-640. [PDF]
1. Dana, K., Barreto, M. and Oskooii, K., 2011. “Mosques as American Institutions: Mosque Attendance, Religiosity and Integration into the Political System among American Muslims.” Religions, 2(4): 504-524. [PDF]
"Biden reverses Trump's 'Muslim Ban.' Americans support the decision." The Washington Post (Monkey Cage) (27 January, 2021). w/ Lajevardi, N. and Collingwood, L.
Targeted: Veiled Women Experience Significantly More Discrimination in the U.S. Religion in Public (21 January, 2020). w/ Dana, K., Lajevardi, N., and Walker, H.
Here’s what the Democrats need to do to get the DREAM Act through Congress. LSE American Politics and Policy Blog (29 January, 2018). Also covered by Newsweek U.S. Edition. w/ Walker, H. and Garcia-Rios, S.
Why Individual-Level Public Opinion Rapidly Shifted Against Trump's "Muslim Ban" Executive Order. Religion in Public (17 January, 2018). w/ Collingwood, L. and Lajevardi, N.
Allies in name only? Latino-only leadership on DACA may trigger implicit racial biases among White Liberals. LSE American Politics and Policy Blog (28 September, 2017). w/Garcia-Rios, S. and Walker, H.
Protests against Trump’s immigration executive order may have helped shift public opinion against it. LSE American Politics and Policy Blog (12 Feb, 2017). w/ Collingwood, L. and Lajevardi, N.